By all means, if you’ve been injured in a car accident in Florida and you want to settle your personal injury case on your own without an attorney, you can.
It is your choice whether or not to hire a personal injury attorney to represent you. Chances are, though, if you try to settle your case on your own, you’ll end up frustrated, overwhelmed, and worst of all, with an inadequate settlement that won’t cover the extent of your expenses.
That’s because personal injury claims involve insurance adjusters, who are typically out to undervalue your claim, in order to keep their company’s budget in check. If you plan to go it alone , you’d better clear some space in your schedule, because there are numerous hurdles you’ll have to cross to even get to the part in your claim where you reach a settlement, if one is offered at all.
Tasks a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You with After Your Accident
- take over all communications with the insurance companies on your behalf;
- analyze both your and other parties insurance policies to determine your legal options;
- gather evidence and records to begin building your injury claim;
- contact witnesses and get statements;
- work with accident re-constructionists or other experts to help defend your claim;
- negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement; and
- if necessary, take your claim to court as a formal lawsuit.
Fulfilling the role of a personal injury attorney will be a full-time job after your accident. In order to give your claim the attention it deserves you may want to consider hiring an attorney to help you with this lengthy legal process. Contact us today for a no-cost evaluation at 727-446-0840.