I was injured while riding my bike by a car exiting a parking lot. The collision damaged my bicycle frame which costs more than $1000. What should I do in order to be reimbursed for this loss?

I recommend if your bicycle is hit by a car, you should always take it to an approved bicycle mechanic to verify its condition. Many modern bicycles are made of materials which are not easily repaired and might even become dangerous if they’ve been damaged. Once you have established that your bicycle needs to be repaired or replaced, you should make a claim against the driver responsible for the accident.

People who are injured in a Florida bicycle accident may end up dealing with three separate adjusters:

  • The PIP/No-Fault adjuster of their own auto insurance company for their medical bills,
  • The property damage adjuster for the At-Fault party responsible for the accident, and
  • The Bodily Injury adjuster for the At-Fault party’s insurance company for their bodily injury and pain and suffering.

Have You Been Injured In A Bicycle Accident?

If you've been hurt in a Florida bicycle accident you should speak with an experienced bicycle injury lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 727.446.0840 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.

Jim Dodson
Connect with me
A Florida injury lawyer, family man and avid cyclist who clients have trusted for over 25 years.