There are 5 mistakes that can potentially ruin your Florida personal injury claim. This is why it is always best to consult with an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
- One of the first mistakes you can make in your personal injury claim is to misrepresent your injuries. This may mean exaggerating symptoms or claiming you are unable to participate in an activity when that isn’t true.
It’s not uncommon for an insurance company to investigate a claimant to determine if they are truly unable to do the things they have stated they cannot. If you are caught on camera participating in the very activity you claimed you were unable to do, you are likely to ruin your personal injury claim.
- The second way to ruin your Florida personal injury claim is to let the insurance company record your conversations. Despite what a claims adjuster may tell you, you are under no obligation to let them record your conversations. The only reason they are even interested in such recordings is to get you to say something on tape that will allow them to reduce or deny your claim. Your Clearwater personal injury lawyer can help you learn what you should and should not say to insurance adjusters and can even take over communication for you.
- The third way to ruin your Florida personal injury claim is to miss important appointments related to your injuries such as the doctor or therapy. This demonstrates that you are not serious about treating your injuries, which means the insurance company will not take your claim seriously.
- The fourth way you can ruin your Florida personal injury claim is to not follow through on treatment recommendations from your doctor or to stop treatment too soon.
- Finally, if you fail to adequately document your pain and symptoms, then you may ruin your Florida personal injury claim. Documentation is important evidence to prove the extent of your injuries. Keeping a pain journal is an excellent way to show how your accident injuries are affecting your everyday life as you recover.
If you want to learn more about the Florida injury claims process, start by requesting a complimentary copy of our car accident guide, Five Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Florida Accident Case. Or, if you prefer to speak to us right away, contact us today for a no-cost evaluation of your case at 727-446-0840.