When drivers ignore traffic laws and disregard red lights and signs around intersections, accidents are common. These are some of the most frequent causes of intersection car accidents in Florida:
- Failing to obey traffic signals
- Failing to come to a full stop at a red light before making a right turn
- Making a right turn at a red light when a sign prohibits right turns
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
Intersection crashes often result in fatalities or very severe injuries. In 2010, 829 people died in Florida intersection car accidents — nearly a third of the state’s total traffic deaths. Nearly 9000 people died in intersection accidents nationwide that year.
To reduce the number of these very serious accidents, traffic safety experts have proposed building more roundabouts and installing red-light cameras at intersections.
Have You Been Injured In A Car Accident?
If you've been hurt in Florida car accident you should speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 727.446.0840 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.