The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is the agency that establishes federal trucking regulations.
Standards and Guidelines for the U.S. Trucking Industry
- drug and alcohol regulations
- the hours of service that drivers may operate
- qualifications for truck drivers
- trucking company safety standards
- standards for emissions and noise
- requirements for inspection, maintenance and repair
- weight, length, and width limitations
In addition to the federal trucking laws established by the FMCSA, truckers in Florida must also abide by the rules established by Florida's Department of Transportation.
A violation of these regulations can result in a truck accident. If you have been injured in a truck accident in Florida, and the accident was the result of someone else's negligence, you may be eligible for compensation in a truck accident claim.
Negligence in a Truck Accident in Florida
- truck driver error
- truck inspection error
- failing to properly load the truck's cargo
- failing to obey federal truck driving laws
- driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- driving under adverse road conditions
Have You Been Injured In A Truck Accident?
If you've been hurt in Florida motorcycle accident you should speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 727.446.0840 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.