- You must receive initial care within 14 days from one of these: EMT or paramedic,physician (MD or DO), dentist, chiropractor, hospital or hospital owned clinic.
- Follow up care must be on a referral from that provider to a physician (MD or DO), chiropractor, dentist, certain nurse practitioners, physical therapist, hospital, hospital owned clinic, or surgery center.
- PIP reimbursement is limited to $2500 unless there is finding you have “emergency medical condition” which is very specifically defined and must be made by a physician(MD or DO),dentist, physician’s assistant (PA) or nurse practitioner (ARNP).
- Follow up care will be reimbursed up to $10,000 only if the finding of “emergency medical condition” is made.
- PIP no longer pays for massage therapy or acupuncture.
- If you only see a chiropractor, for instance, reimbursement is limited to $2500.
- If PIP benefits do not apply because you didn’t get treatment within 14 days, or they apply but were exhausted, your health insurance/ Medicare may be used or your lawyer may arrange payment arrangements.
Have You Been Injured In A Car Accident?
If you've been hurt in Florida car accident you should speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 727.446.0840 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.