Most people are familiar with the concept of post traumatic stress disorder because it is a concern among our men and women in the military who serve in a war zone. But many people don’t realize that the most common cause of PTSD is car accidents!
The Primary Symptoms of PTSD
- Re-experiencing the trauma through intrusive and upsetting images or thoughts
- Avoiding situations, thoughts, feelings that serve as reminders of the trauma
- Autonomic nervous system hyperarousal
- Sleeping problems; nightmares
- Exaggerated startle reflex
- Excessive tension and irritability
The sooner PTSD is addressed, the better the chances of the victim being able to return to a normal life, after a serious car accident. The longer it continues, the more deeply ingrained in the psyche PTSD becomes, and the more resistant to treatment.
Having an experienced lawyer on your side when you are making a claim against the driver who caused your accident is the best way to ensure that life-changing psychological damage, such as PTSD, will be compensated, along with your physical injuries.
If you have suffered serious physical and/or psychological injuries in a Florida car accident, Jim Dodson, a Florida personal injury attorney with more than 25 years experience helping accident victims, will meet with you to discuss your case and answer your questions at no cost. To schedule your free consultation with Jim, call 888-207-0905.