If you are not a member of the Florida bicycle Association I would urge you to go to their website and join us. The FBA works diligently for all Florida cyclists. One of the most important things we do is to influence legislation through the direct involvement of our executive director, Becky Afonso. Becky has developed a strong reputation in the legislature and in the bicycle community as a knowledgeable advocate for Florida cyclists.
The Legislative Goals For The FBA In The Coming Legislative Session
1. Amend the Move Over Statute to require drivers to move over and slow for people (cyclists).
2. Make texting a primary offense (currently it is only a secondary offense).
3. Hand-held device ban for motorists (and bicyclists).
4. Adopt E-bike legislation with categories as proposed by People for Bikes.
5. Expand funding for paved and natural surface trails.
Much of this agenda seems so logical you’d wonder how there could possibly be any objection. But there are strong objections by diverse factions. We need strong support to move this agenda forward. The easiest way to show your support is to join the FBA.
Individual memberships start at only $25 a year.