What's the Difference Between a Car Insurance Agent and an Adjuster?

Video Transcription:
Most people buy their car insurance through a car insurance agent that has a physical location. Many people are confused by the role of the agent if you later get into an accident. That agent has nothing to do with handling your car accident claim. Sometimes they can put you in touch with the right people in the company to handle the property damage or handle the medical payments but they are not in the claims process at all. The agent strictly sells auto insurance policies and they service that policy for you.

The insurance company internally has adjusters and the adjuster's role is to handle the accident claims. Adjusters have a very scripted role and they typically would never have contact with your agent. So, if you have been in a car accident and you are filing a claim, you will be dealing with an adjuster not an agent. The adjuster is the one calling the shots for what they will pay for your claim.

Have You Been Injured In A Car Accident?

If you've been hurt in Florida car accident you should speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 727.446.0840 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.

Jim Dodson
Connect with me
A Florida injury lawyer, family man and avid cyclist who clients have trusted for over 25 years.