I Thought My Florida Auto Insurance Policy had Full Coverage

Video Transcription:
One of the first things I talk to clients about when they come in after a car accident is what kind of insurance coverage do you have. Invariably, the response is "I have full coverage." What people learn after they come in and meet with us is that full coverage may mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

In Florida remember, all you need to register your car is to have property damage to pay for a car if you run into them and PIP or No Fault to pay your own medical bills. And, you get your tags and you get to register your vehicle. And that is considered by some people, full coverage. But it won't do anything to help you if you've been involved in an accident and the other person doesn't have insurance.

So, take your declarations page that you get from your insurance company every six months or every year. Pull it out now and look at it. And, look at what coverage you have.

I've got resources here on the website. Research and find out what it is you need and make a decision today before you get in an accident.

Have You Been Injured In A Car Accident?

If you've been hurt in Florida car accident you should speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 727.446.0840 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.

Jim Dodson
Connect with me
A Florida injury lawyer, family man and avid cyclist who clients have trusted for over 25 years.