My Mother Died When She was Hit By a Car in Florida, But I Live Out of State... What Should I Do?

Video Transcription:
When someone is injured or sadly is killed in an accident here in Florida, the place where that claim is brought is here in Florida. So, if a lawsuit were ever necessary it would be filed here and the claim would be handled here in terms of the settlement of the claim as well.

Many people, if the family lives out of state, may want to hire a lawyer where they live who can handle it for them because they think it’s a little more convenient. My general advice is you’re better off having a lawyer here, where the accident occurred, handle that situation for you. Not someone in another state who may or may not be familiar the specific laws that apply here in Florida. Also, the adjuster is here and knows that they are dealing with a lawyer who is potentially out of state who can’t bring a lawsuit in Florida to enforce the claim if it’s necessary.

There are a lot of very practical reasons why you should talk to a lawyer here in Florida, hire that lawyer and let them pursue the case on behalf of the person who died here where the accident occurred.

Has A Loved One Died Due To The Negligence Of Others?

If your loved one has died due to the negligence of someone else an experienced wrongful death attorney can help you hold them responsible. Contact us online or call our office directly at 727.446.0840 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.

Jim Dodson
Connect with me
A Florida injury lawyer, family man and avid cyclist who clients have trusted for over 25 years.