I was Hurt in a Pedestrian Hit and Run Accident, What Insurance Will Cover Me?

Video Transcription:
The only insurance that will cover a pedestrian hit and run accident is the pedestrian's automobile insurance. This is called uninsured motorist coverage. This insurance is going to cover what the driver's insurance should have paid. The lesson that needs to be learned in this particular case is that if you own a car you should have UM on your insurance policy. If however, you don't own a car or you don't have UM on your policy but you live with a family member who does, then their insurance can help cover the medical bills and other damages.

Jim Dodson
A Florida injury lawyer, family man and avid cyclist who clients have trusted for over 25 years.